Founded in 2016, Arts & Culture Council of Burlington was created to ensure that the community established a local arts organization to provide public programming and support for the arts. The organization has developed a balance between producing programs and supporting other arts and cultural activities throughout the City through grant funds.
In the winter holiday season, ACCOB and the Burlington Performing Arts Centre present the Festival of Trees. Proceeds from this great community fundraising event are awarded to local Arts and Culture groups to help offset the cost to present in the BPAC Community Studio Theatre in the upcoming season.
The City of Burlington and the Arts and Culture Council of Burlington (ACCOB) are pleased to announce the creation of the Burlington Arts and Culture Fund (BACF), the objective of which is to provide grants to local arts and culture organizations to foster creativity and enrich how Burlington residents experience and engage with arts and culture.
The ACCOB is formally calling for jury members to adjudicate the artistic elements of the applications for these grants. Jury members must be:
• Arts and culture professionals with high standing in the arts and culture community and representative of a wide range of artistic and cultural disciplines
• Knowledgeable and experienced with respect to arts and culture organizations and related issues
• Knowledgeable about the City of Burlington context and the broader arts and culture environment beyond their area of expertise
• Able to articulate their opinions and work in a group decision-making environment
• Reflective of Burlington’s gender, demographic and cultural diversity as much as possible
Jurors will be required to assess applications in accordance with BACF objectives, the application guidelines and the assessment forms provided. All jurors will be compensated.
Jurors must complete the attached application and send it to the Arts and Culture Council of Burlington at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2019. Jury members will be selected by February 9 and must meet and choose a chair by February 13, 2019. Jury members must also be available to meet for assessment of grant applications between February 25 and March 22, 2019.
For the latest news and event information please sign up to receive our newsletter.